Prep > Ad Prepper
Place in the Workflow
After Post Sales has completed the requirements for new ads, the Ad Prepper
accesses and attaches all content and media to the ad. This includes customer
art provided in print and on disk as well as common art available from
If printed content is included in the Ad folder - and does not already
exist in Content Server for the same Customer - a Scan Request is made.
Otherwise, the prepper either submits the Ad to the Composer for final
composition or the Ad is queried for missing content.
Keys to Success
What are the keys to success as a Prepper at TransWestern Publishing?
- Attention to detail: checking, re-checking, spell-checking
and double checking.
- Standards compliance: ensure that artwork (your own and the
customer's) complies with TWP's TEAR standards.
- Speed and accuracy: Speed is not haste. It is not
about quick clicking and clearing your desk. It is about effective
process to ensure that the customer's Ad is completed in as accurate
and timely a manner as possible.
- When in doubt — Query. Submit the appropriate query when
clarification is needed.
- Observe the processes and use the resources provided in this manual.
Not every eventuality is covered in these pages, however. Use common
sense and call on the advice of the Trainer and managers as needed.