Compose > Checklist
Place in the Workflow
After required prepping and scanning have been completed, the composer
accesses and assembles all content and media into the final version of
the ad. The composer then submits the Ad to Quality Control for review
and final authorization to print in directory.
Keys to Success
What are the keys to success as a Composer at TransWestern Publishing?
- Attention to detail:
- Check versions
- Check the UDAC for correct template
+ J (Multi-Ad Creator)
+ E (QuarkXpress)
- Check phone numbers
- Check backgrounds of both art and template
- Spell check
- QC your work
- Ad should look as close to what was submitted as possible.
- Standards compliance: ensure that artwork (your own and the
customers) complies with TWP's TEAR
- Speed and accuracy: Speed is not haste. It is not
about quick clicking and clearing your desk. It is about effective
process to ensure that the customer's Ad is completed in as accurate
and timely a manner as possible.
- When in doubt > Query. If instructions aren't clear or there
is poor or missing artwork submit the appropriate query. Whenever clarification
is needed a query is the primary tool to use to correct the issue.
- Observe the processes and use the resources provided in this manual.
The graphics process is in place to ensure that the Ad will be accurate.
Not every situation is covered in these pages, however. If you have
additonal questions, call on the trainer and managers for guidance.